How To: Fix excessive cylinder endshake on a revolver

Fix excessive cylinder endshake on a revolver

When the cylinder of a revolvers has a lot of front to back play or movement, it's called endshake. It's a problem that is easily corrected if you have the right parts. In this video Larry Potterfield, CEO and Founder of MidwayUSA, demonstrates the process for correcting gross cylinder. After measuring for the exact amount of endshake using a feeler gage, he begins by removing the yoke retaining screw, the yoke, and the cylinder. Using a padded vise and some snap caps to protect the extractor, he disassembles the cylinder assembly. A Power Custom cylinder endshake bushing is used to take up the slack in the cylinder to yoke fit. These bushings measure only two thousandths of an inch thick. Once the bushing is lubricated it is dropped into the cylinder and the gun is reassembled and checked for proper fit.

Be the First to Comment

Share Your Thoughts

  • Hot
  • Latest